Hope you’re doing great! As we all know, Email Marketing is still one of the most precious sale generation engines and B2C communication channels. I want to provide you with fresh facts and statistics on Email Marketing I found using FactBrowser engine. These email marketing facts and statistics of 2012 will help you to rate and improve your email marketing campaigns. Please enjoy!
- Email is really global. There are more than 3.2 billion email accounts nowadays, and 85% of internet users access email.
- Email usage by young people decreased by 34% among 18-24 year-old users in United States in 2011.
- There are still some trust issues with email, just a half of consumers worldwide trust mailings from companies and organizations they have signed up to receive.
- Approximately 83% of all emails reach the recipients’ inboxes.
- Mobile email usage is growing. 27% of all emails were opened on mobile devices during the second ½ of 2011 up from 20% during the first ½ of 2011.
- More than a third of email marketing companies are not ready for mobile email marketing campaigns.
- Investments in email marketing campaigns are forecasted to grow from $1.3B in 2012 to $2B by 2014.
- Nearly 60% of B2B marketers believe email is the best and the most effective tool to generate revenue.
- ¾ of small and medium US business websites have no email link for consumers to contact the business.
More Email Marketing facts to help you to increase open-rates and click-through rates:
- Word “exclusive”, used in Subject line or intro, increases open rates by 13-15%
- B2B emails that contain just 1 or 2 words in the subject line are opened at a better open rate than those with more words in the subject line.
- The most popular reasons people unsubscribe from mailings are:
a.) Too many emails (69%)
b.) Content is no longer relevant to their interests (56%)