Hope you’re doing great! We all know that email marketing is highly profitable kind of marketing, and statistically each dollar spent on email marketing campaign returns as $40. Sure, some email marketers have better ROI, some not, but there is one thing that is 100% true – you can always do better and have better return of investments. I would like to provide you with email marketing deliverability and behavioral targeting tricks and tips. Please enjoy!
Deliverability. Recent studies and statistics show that ~20% of email marketing messages never reach recipient’s inbox. Here are some tricks and tips to boost your deliverability up:
- Reduce complaints with relevant content, interest-polls, list splitting by interests and 1-click unsubscribe option.
- Avoid using spam-alarm words. Sure it’s not the only filter used these days by ESPs, but it’s still actual.
- Set up control-accounts – these are email accounts created in each and every popular ESP. Include these accounts into your recipient list, this is how you can check the deliverability to certain email providers.
- Use trusted and not-blacklisted SMTP server for your outgoing mailings.
- Make sure your from-name fits your from-address.
Behavioral targeting. Trigger emails are popular nowadays because they really work. Set up triggered emails based on customer and email subscriber behavior:
- Recommend additional products and services based on past purchases.
- Ask for a feedback, run email contests and polls.
- Send loyalty messages and offers to subscribers who most frequently open your messages.
- Don’t forget about the Thank-you emails and cross-sale products.
- Provide customer with a special offer or a discount if you notice he checks your products but don’t proceed to a purchase.