Marketing Techniques 2009: 10 (!!!) Reasons Why Your Small Business Should Establish A Web Presence or “Web is everywhere…”
“But mine is just a small business,” you might answer when asked about establishing a web presence for your enterprise.
But what Zakk says is – it’s crisis now and it’s hard to make real money by real products, so you better try to establish your own online store, or, as I love to say – conquer the Web!
Though such a reply is expected, it is often justified with facts. The truth of the matter is, even if your business is not big enough to warrant a Fortune 100 citation, it will greatly benefit from all the advantages that the World Wide Web can offer. Turning down those advice to acquire your own domain name and to create a website under a professional web hosting service can cost you immeasurable losses you may not even realize.
Let us take a look at 10 compelling reasons why you should avail yourself of a well positioned web presence in this, the digital age.
- The world – the ENTIRE world – can become your market. Indeed, whatever audience you’re catering to right now would fall pale in comparison to the global market that the Internet can open up for you. Imagine taking potential orders from people, unbounded by geographic borders and restrictive economic systems. The Internet makes laissez faire look like child’s play!
- Your products can be exposed to 50 million people. Studies show that there are 50 million people online, at any given time. All of these people are your potential customers, and all of them can possibly get to know about your products.
- Increase your sales. Since you’ll be catering to more prospects, the chances of bagging a sale or a deal would be better. It’s a number’s game, and you’ll be turning things to your favor.
- Market your goods or services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your website can become your digital store that will operate on auto-pilot. You could log off the Internet, and your website can still promote your products, process payments, instantly deliver items, and even take care of some post sales concerns. No need to hire human assistants whom you have to pay some overtime and night shift differential salaries.
- Add to the professional reputation of your business. Establishing web presence, especially with a sleek, easily navigable, and professional-looking website, would greatly help build your brand and increase costumer confidence.
- Delivery is no longer a problem. The advent of the Internet has totally revolutionized the way courier services conduct their business. Nowadays, they could deliver items to the farthest corners of the Earth. You won’t have to worry about the location of your customers. Anything, and we do mean ANYTHING, can now be delivered right in front of their doorsteps.
- Convenient payment processing options. You don’t have to settle for checks or money orders that take some time to mature, though they will always remain as options. There are a lot of merchant accounts available that would allow you to process credit card payments instantly, and the funds you will receive can be transferred to your bank account.
- Security is no longer a major concern. With SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encoding, you could protect your transaction pages against unwanted intrusions.
- A lot of marketing tactics can be availed of for free in the World Wide Web. Strategies like viral marketing, article marketing, forum marketing, membership marketing and the likes often require no financial investment, or at the very least, a minimal amount to get you started. The results they promise, however, are quite amazing.
- Correspondence with your prospects as well as your existing customers would be made easy. Digital delivery of messages is instantaneous, you’ll receive them the moment that they are sent!
Though change can bring about a lot of uncertainties, especially in business, it should not be outright dismissed. Establishing a web presence, regardless of the size of your business, can only offer a world of benefits for your industry.