Split list (List splitting)
The operation is designed to split the mailing list according to the following
- first letter - split according to the 1st alphabet letters of the address
range; in other words maximum 26+10 files are made;
- domain - split according to the domain (i.e. @mail.ru, @aol.com, @yahoo.com
- zone - according to the domain registration zone (i.e. .com, .net, .org,
.ru, .info etc.);
- count of elements - according to the address number at the output list;
- size of output files - according to the output files volume (Bytes).
To name the output files a mask is used. The file name is given according to
the pattern with metacharacter application. Two types of metacharacters are
used in a masks: ? or . E.g. my?.txt or my*.txt. For ? symbol a file sequence
number is used, for *symbol - a line according to the chosen operation.
- First letter - the 1st symbol of email address;
- Domain - a domain name (i.e. mail., aol, yahoo etc);
- Count of elements - a record number in source file;
- Size of output files - a record number in source file.
For the operation execution it's necessary to set a splitting type, name of
an input file and a folder for the input files saving. You also need to set
a catalogue for newly created files saving.
Email management software