Atomic Bluetooth Sender: Innovative Marketing Solutions
What is bluetooth marketing?
Bluetooth is a short distance communication technology, initially developed to replace cables connecting portable or fixed devices. Two key features of the technology are its low cost and low power.
Bluetooth marketing is the process of transmitting promotional content through this bluetooth wireless technology to potential customers. To transmit bluetooth messages a bluetooth transmitting product is required.
What can be sent over bluetooth?
A huge range of digital content can be sent via Atomic Bluetooth Sender, including:
- vCards (VCF files)
- Text (TXT files)
- Animated images (GIF files)
- Multimedia files (3GP, AVI, MPG)
- Images an pictures (JPG, BMP, PNG, etc.)
Why use bluetooth marketing?
- Low cost – every bluetooth message is sent and received free of charge, whether you send 1 or 1,000.
- It’s flexible – all kinds of content can be transmitted.
- Multiple uses – it can be used to support and improve the effectiveness of existing advertising, such as high street leafleting or billboard advertising, as well as on its own through being placed in stores or prime locations.
Key characteristics of Atomic Bluetooth Sender. Why it’s so popular?
- No authentication from device is required.
- Inclusion / Exclusion of devices into a blacklist (Filters option).
- Option to send files to all the devices or to the selected ones.
- Log support.
- It scans for services supported by a specific device.
- It exports both list of services and list of devices to Excel or TXT file as well.
- It is also able to export of all the contacts contained in Outlook to vCard files.
- Configuration of key parameters when the connection is established.
- Full-Multithread support.
Where is it most suitable?
The use of bluetooth technology is currently used in predominantly three marketing situations:
- Point of Sale Promotions
When fitted in shop windows people walking past with bluetooth enabled phones will receive the promotional message from the store. This may be a special promotion and is often enough to encourage the recipient to enter the store.
- Billboard Advertising
Through fitting billboard posters with bluetooth transmission devices you can interact with people within the vicinity of your poster. For example, to support your billboard campaign you could send a branded game via bluetooth to peoples’ phones. This helps to overcome one of the major disadvantages of billboard advertising – the absence of a strong call to action.
- Field Promotions
Portable units can be carried by promotional staff, automatically sending bluetooth messages to anyone within the vicinity of the staff. This is particularly effective when combined with leafleting.
How much does it cost?
The real potential in bluetooth marketing lies in its low cost. Actually it costs nothing to send a bluetooth message.