I am so happy to see more and more of internet marketers and just entrepreneurs take an interest in podcasting! I have always been big believer of online videos (I have great experience in video promotion on Youtube and similar video sharing services), and using digital content to reach the eyes, hearts, and minds of customers and prospects.
Just to put forward some examples, think about Danny Sullivan
, Cindy, Brooke & Todd
from eMarketing Talk Show, RSS Ray
who have used podcast as a great tool to reach the target market.
Here are some more reasons to start podcasting:
Please feel free to subscribe for more Internet Marketing news. My "Techniques 2009" series are trendy and easy to follow.
- Reason 1: People want content in different formats. Thus, if you can offer your post as a podcast (audio or video), people may download it and listen to it on the move or while doing something else.
- Reason 2: The number of podcast listeners has grown substantially in 2008 (18%) compared to that of 2007 (13%) or 2006 (11%). To add to this, 3 out of 10 regular internet users downloaded a podcast in 2008. The report was published by Edison Media research.
- Reason 3: The podcast listeners are active social networkers. Thus, this is an opportunity to go viral with your business or issue in respective social networks (facebook, etc). To add to this, they spend more hours online than an average internet user.
- Reason 4: Podcasts add a personal touch to a website. Get creative with your online podcasts by placing a ‘Message from the CEO’ or having a few members of your executive team discuss various topics related to your industry, and/or initiatives going on with your company. Your prospects and consumers will feel more connected to your organization if they can put a face to the name.
- Podcast 5: Having a podcast show helps you to raise your company’s credibility instantly. If the content is good, your viewers will keep coming back for more. In this day and age, customer loyalty is key!
Boost your business with AtomPark
Try our software and evaluate it in action