How To Discover Hot Products You Could Sell At eBay
If you have decided to earn some serious cash from the number one auction site in the World Wide Web, then you will have to know what sells well. Indeed, eBay may be visited by millions of people per day, but with thousands of auctions going on at any given time, it would be hard to generate great interest on your products if the market isn’t really hot for them. The result can be quite catastrophic. You might end up paying mounted fees without realizing any profit, since no one would bid on your auctions.
So how do you know what products would be the hottest sellers on eBay? Here are some tips you could employ.
- Offline research. Determining what sells well is a matter of studying the general market. This entails research. Check out your local newspapers. Which products are being aggressively advertised by two or more companies? Chances are, there is a bustling market for them. Check out the classifieds as well. Which products are being sold the most? Also, there is often a “looking for” or “LF” section in the said classified. What are the advertisers looking for exactly? How large is the demand for such products? Your inspiration to determine what to sell should not be limited to what you already know. Consult with established resources to help you come up with great ideas.
- Using eBay Tools. Your eBay seller account should also provide for you a way to know the website’s most popular auctions. This should give you an idea about what sells well, and how much they are going for. Simply visit the Seller Central area for a rundown of the day’s top auctions, and try to view the same with a critical mind. Determine if the demand is really huge, or if the price is responsible for pushing the demand to the limit. If the latter, determine as well if you’ll be able to compete with the said price.
- Online research. The internet is a humongous resource center for your market research campaign. There are many tools that you could find in this intricate network, both free and paid, that could help you discover what any market is really looking for. Try www.nichebot.com for example and type in any subject that comes to mind. On the results page, view the number of times the subject and its related inquiries were searched for. This should give you an idea about how popular the subject really is. From there, you could come up with relevant products to help you cater to the demand in the aforementioned market. Another alternative, which is more convenient for your purposes, would be www.andale.com . This is a paid service that would deliver a list of hot selling items at eBay, as well as some tips on when to start your auction and how to proceed with the same.
- Keep in touch with the times. Generally speaking, what is popular in the real world should be popular on eBay as well. Merchandise for the latest movies often become highly sellable items in this auction site. Billboard chart toppers are also in high demand.
- Speculate. Interested with the latest developments in technology? Familiar with the upcoming releases of your favorite companies? You could play the speculation game, and plan before these items are even released. You could easily determine the demand for them by employing the steps we have enumerated above. Additionally, you would also want to keep abreast with subjects that are enjoying a renaissance of sorts. Culture, after all, comes around in circles. What were popular some decades ago would become collector’s items eventually. It’s just a matter of knowing when the resurgence would be experienced.
Boost your business with AtomPark
Try our software and evaluate it in action