Email Marketing 2010 – New Basics of Email Marketing Campaigns. Part 2.
Here is the second part of Email Marketing Basics 2010 - next 5 email marketing tricks and tips. Please enjoy!
1. Keep image sizes small. If you’re including photos or other graphics, keep the individual image size to 72 dpi (dots per inch). They will look good and sharp while helping you keep your file size low, preventing your e-mail from being blocked for being too large. If you’re unsure of the dpi of your graphic, go to where it’s stored and open the file. Then right mouse click and select Properties. You may need to open the “More” link under Picture Properties, but the dpi resolution will be displayed there.
2. Keep text away from images. If the text gets too close to your images it will look sloppy and unprofessional. It will also be harder to read. Leave a little space between text and graphics to keep your layout looking clean.
3. Use standard fonts. That interesting font you downloaded with a graphics package may look great on your computer. But if the people you’re sending it to don’t have that same font, their computer will select one to substitute. This change could make your e-mail look bad, or could even render it unintelligible. Stay with safe fonts such as Arial, Times New Roman, Georgia, Verdana and Tahoma.
4. Make your call to action stand out. Have your main call to action in bold text or a bright-colored button that contrasts with the background of your e-mail. If you use a button, make sure you repeat your call to action near it in text and in other places in the e-mail so people on mobile devices and with images turned off can still see it.
5. Use left-justified text. Text that lines up flush left is much easier to read than centered text. You can use centered text for headlines and subheads, but keep the body left-justified. It will make your e-mail look cleaner too.
Remember, the more inviting and appealing your email marketing message looks at first glance, the more likely you are to get someone to “walk through the door” and see the rest of what you have to offer. Use these tips to add a little polish to your email campaigns and you’ll find the results are much better.
Check professional Email Marketing SolutionsHERE!