Email Marketing 2011 – Top 5 Techniques on How to Gain Email Subscribers
I would like to discuss some proven and top techniques on how to gain email subscribers, ’cause we all know how important it is to build your email list the right way, using your own traffic and your own ideas. Sure, the most popular method is just putting an email subscription box somewhere in the right column of your website or blog, but that is probably not the best option if you want people to actually sign up for your email list.
Let’s check Top 5 ways to gain your email subscribers. I’ll keep it short:
- Create the Face of your company. If yours is a big company, make sure you put a human face to your email sign-up. And by that I mean literally publish a picture of the person who will be sending out the email. Doing so assures recipients that an actual human being is sending out the email.
- People should have a reason to subscribe. Offer something they really want! The easiest way to do that is to offer a free report, e-book, or download that you send upon sign-up. That is a compelling reason for them to offer up their email addresses, and you are giving them a great bit of value for free.
- Make your subscription box look outstanding. Your subscription box shouldn’t be missed by visitors – make it look nice, and put it in the right place – right column or top center. Pop-up is great too, but make it look professional, not spammy.
- First Email = First Impression. When people sign up, they should automatically be sent an email that introduces them to your newsletter. This has to be your best email. Offer great content and a preview of the amazing content they can look forward to in future emails.
- Tests. This is the cornerstone of all marketing – the only way to know for sure what is and isn’t working is to split-test. Randomly show two or more different versions of the sign-up form, and then keep track of which one is converting better.
All the best guys! Keeping in touch =)