Email Marketing Motivation – Which Technologies are Used to Deliver Your Email to Subscriber
Last Update:Hey guys,
Hope you’re doing great! We all are sending thousands emails to our subscribers each and every month, and we do follow some “rules” to avoid black-listing and spam filters. I would like to provide you with the exact scheme and steps of an ordinary email delivery: marketers-2-subscribers.
So which technologies are used to deliver advertising emails to our subscribers?
- First off, your email service provider (ESP) formats your message and sends it to a mailer (MTA). The MTA adds header information about the sender (RSVP address), the ESP (IP address) and the recipient (email address).
- Next, the MTA connects with the MX record for the DNS of the domain (i.e., gmail, hotmail, yahoo, JustSomeCompany, etc.) to which you’re sending.
- If there is no connection at the moment, it might indicate a permanent error (i.e., no such domain) or a temporary error (i.e., a bad connection, internet connection errors).
- A successful connection triggers the 4-step Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) process:
- Identifying the sending and receiving servers;
- Identifying your RSVP address;
- Identifying the recipient’s email address;
- Transferring the data.