* In 2009, U.S. cell phone subscribers sent and received on average 390 text messages per month, compared to making 230 voice calls a month, according to the Mobile Business Statistics.
* Between the ages of 12 – 45 will send 60% more text messages than make voice calls.
* Currently 1/3 of the world has mobile internet access, which is twice as many as the number of internet-connected PCs.
* 60% of the world’s population is expected to have access to the Internet through a mobile device in 1 year!
* Mobile web technologies allow us to provide location-specific resources to users.
* Development of mobile websites and mobile applications is very different from their desktop counterparts, and requires specialized knowledge of the platform.
* Two thirds of mobile phone users are subscribers of SMS text messaging
.” What does that translate to? Approximately 2.1 billion people are actively text messaging today (according to mobile statistics 2009)
* There are two times as many active sms users as are active users of email
* In the U.S. alone, over 450 billion sms text messages were sent in 2009
* On Average text messages are read within 4 minutes compared to 48 hours with email.
* While 65% of e-mail is spam, less than 10% of SMS is spam
* 62% say they use text messaging to communicate with friends
* 55% say they use it to communicate with their clients, customers and partners
Boost your business with AtomPark
Try our software and evaluate it in action