TOP 15 Email Marketing Mistakes
Hope you’re doing great! We all know how profitable email marketing is, and your email marketing campaigns should look perfect to convert. I would like to provide you with a list of 15 most popular email marketing mistakes – avoid them and make your email campaigns perfect!
- Emailing People Who Didn’t Opt In. Sometimes people call it spam.
- Making Unsubscribing Difficult. It’s against CAN SPAM Act and human rights, I guess
- Not Honoring Unsubscribes. Honor, award and respect them.
- Writing an Unclear Subject Line. Seriously, that’s your chance to make a recipient open an email, don’t miss it.
- Not Indicating How We Know Each Other. Remind your recipients about the good old times and how he subscribed.
- Providing Irrelevant Content. It’s easy to understand and hard to comment, just make sure you’re sending right content to the right email list.
- Bombarding Recipients With Email. 1-2 times a week is really enough.
- Sending Emails Once a Month. Again, 1-2 times a week is good and enough.
- Including Broken Dynamic Content. Hi [list1], hope you’re doing great! Nice, huh?
- Not Including a Call-to-Action. How can you expect sales then?
- Sending Emails That Aren’t Mobile Optimized. Half of the emails I receive is checked on the go, via phone. What about you?
- You’re Overdesigning Your Emails. Don’t let your design steal the attention from the main Call-2-Action.
- Not Optimized for Plain Text and HTML. Some recipients see plain text only, so be sure your email looks good in both HTML and plain text modes.
- You’re Not Proofing Your Email Before Sending. Grammar mistakes and broken links will not boost your campaign.
- Not Providing a Real Address to Reply To. Avoid using email@example.com address as your from-address. If you can’t change it – have a reply-to field in the end of your email.