TOP 9 Email Marketing Aspects to Test. BONUS Ideas and Tricks Included!
Last Update:Hey guys, hope you’re doing great! Today I want to provide you with the list of Top 9 email marketing aspects you should apply your tests to. We all know how split-tests are important, and that tests are the basics of development and improvement, especially in email marketing niche.
I will try to keep it short, explaining each and every tip.
- Sender’s Name: Your From-Name should look familiar to your subscribers, this is the name of a “person” they trust. Also, your From-Name should look professional, easy-2-remember and it should fit your subject line and topic.
- Subject Line: This is one of the most important aspects that should be tested. Subject line is the first call-2-action mechanism of your email marketing campaign. This is what subscribers pay attention to when they decide to open your email.
- Headline: This is the second call-2-action element of your email campaign. Your headline should clearly explain what your email is about and what’s in it for the recipient.
- Different Offers: Discounts? Coupons? Gifts and bonuses? Test what kind of offers converts best on your list. You should clearly know what is the best offer to contact your list with.
- Button OR Hyperlinks: This is very interesting aspect. Buttons look nice and smooth, and URLs are just URLs – nothing special, BUT remember that Button is a design element, and your subscribers should allow showing images first to see your nice and colorful buttons. Worth testing.
- Color of Your Button/Call-2-Action: Some colors are more corporate, some not. Run few mailings to test it and find your color.
- The Best Place for Call-2-Action: Try putting your call-2-action element (i.e. button or links) to different spaces of your email design. Try top, bottom and the right column of your e-newsletter.
- Images/Media: Test how many images or media you have, where you put them and what images or media you use. Remember to always use alt-text too!
- Testimonials: Testimonials equals truth. Customers and leads always pay attention to reviews and testimonials. Sometimes sending a success-story to your list may really boost your email campaign.
Read also: How to Design Emails for Mobile Email Campaign - Distinctions Between Mobile and PC Recipients