Hope you're doing great! As you know Gmail is one of the most popular web-based email clients nowadays and the amount of Gmail users is still growing really fast. Gmail is very special email platform - it's really good and useful, but at the same time it has a lot of barriers and algorithms that make your mass email campaigns reach Spam folder. We do not support spam in any way, but sometimes Gmail blocks non-spam emails. I would like to provide you with 5 tips on how to break through Gmail's barriers and make your emails hit inbox. Let's start!
1. Ask recipients to mark your messages as NOT SPAM. Google really trusts users and believe you know better what you want to receive. But the main point is that this not only makes all your messages reach inbox, but also improve the deliverability to other Gmail inboxes.
2. Ask recipients to add you to their Contacts. This has 2 positive sides - first off, this is the best guarantee your messages will be always delivered to the inbox; second, this is a good reason to care about your main from-address and keep its reputation good.
3. Keep an eye on recipient behavior. Gmail wants your recipients to be active, and even if someone subscribed easily and with pleasure he can still hurt your reputation and rates if he does not open and click-through your messages from time to time and sends them to trash directly.
4. Make it easy to unsubscribe. There's nothing bad about unsubscribers! Remember, it's always better to have one less recipient, than a subscriber who always deletes your messages or marks them as spam.
5. Good SMTPs. If you are using email sender software then make sure you are using good SMTP servers - non-blacklisted, clean and with a good reputation. It's better to spend some time and create multiple Gmail accounts and use them as free SMTPs than use the first SMTP you found.